Volunteer Projects at Canterbury Retreat
1) Strip out the sod rototill the soil rake and level and cover with weedcloth add a border of some type – suggest pavers on edge. Mulch and add drought‐tolerant plants (no irrigation required)
2) Dig out and haul away the remaining hump where stump was ground and plant a specimen flowering tree in this spot. Add a mulch bed with border around tree.
3) Mineral stained windows: scrub with trisodium phosphate and plastic scrubbies – must wear rubber gloves. If that doesn’t work, muriatic acid will do it BUT very dangerous and not for the faint hearted. Should wear respirator for M/A.
4) Add mulch to low areas around lake path – do not rake or blow the leaves.
5) Trim tall weeds along the chapel road.
6) Clear out and dispose of all the old and unused audio equipment from the shop office.
7) Rework rock planter beds around both lodging buildings. Need new timber borders. Needs to still be rock to prevent erosion due to roof drainage.
8) Dig out and lower all beds around chapel. Should be a minimum of six inches between mulch and wood siding.
9) Paint the outboard facing side of the patio foundation.
10) Replace boardwalk deck boards with same (2 x 6 pressure treated). Use 4 inch screws, two per joist. Recommend replace one board at a time, and pry from old side, not new side.
11) Continue cutting vines from trees – entire campus.
12) Use clippers and trim any branches below head clearance in all mowed areas.